Waiting



While we wait, He works. When we're still, He moves.

 There are times in our lives when, like David, we find ourselves in the cave of waiting and testing. The cold, unresponsive, seemingly purposeless cave. But God has us there. And, He wants to encourage us there. Being in the cave is not a sign of His promises reneged. In fact, it's just the opposite. He is not snuffing out our heart's dreams. No, just like the diamond, process happens before promise comes.

We must all wait; and that is where growth happens - because growth requires trust. And when we trust, He goes to work.

But when am I going to accomplish this, God? When can I start doing what You've called me to do? God, I'm ready! I'm ready to move from this cave of boredom, directionless, and insanity.


Arghhhh!!!


But God says, "While you wait, I work. When you are still, I move. Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted. My plans for you will come to pass. It's just a matter of time. But for now, this waiting period is a necessary time of testing. I am birthing great things in you."


And He asks us to remain faithful. Keep serving, keep resting, keep writing, keep being a good father and husband, keep encouraging, keep speaking His words, keep loving your family and praying for them, keep _________ (you fill in the blank).

Wait. Do you see all you're doing? Has it come to your realization? While you're in this cave, there is actually much happening at your hand. And if you're faithful with the "little" at this time, think of what will be accomplished when you have your breakout! Just wait until the fullness of His plans for your life come to pass.


Just wait!

Yeah, just wait.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog