God is in the business of transformation.

At a wedding feast, when the wine had run out, Jesus transformed 120 to 180 gallons of water into between 600 and 900 bottles of wine; a very generous transformation. God is generous in His transformations. Simon, whom Jesus would name Peter, began his lifelong transformation from Simon the man to Peter the rock. God is in the business of transforming people. People do change; when God is involved.

Years ago, God had put a thought on my heart, an impression, that He would be about the work of changing me, of transforming me into a new man, the man I desired to be. Shortly after this divine inspiration, my wife and I bought a new car, and with it we were issued a new license plate. The license plate was, for me, heavenly confirmation of what God had promised. 3777TI.

In scripture, three is a number of change. Jonah spent three days in the belly of a whale being transformed by God into a willing servant. Jesus spent three days in the belly of the earth, rising on the third day to new life. Seven is scripture's number of perfection. God was putting His stamp on the work He would be doing in my life. Three, followed by three sevens and the TI which I took as meaning Transformed Individual. 

One might consider this coincidence. I don't, for I have seen God, over these years, transform me into a man from a boy, from a Simon into a Peter, from a prisoner to a liberated man. People do change when God is involved.



Scripture offers us hope in this Easter season; hope of transformation and new life. 

And I am sure of this, 
that he who began a good work in you 
will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.


It is my prayer, it is my hope and desire, that as I near the end of this life, it would be said of me not that I was a self-made man, but that I was a God-made man, transformed by His constant love into who He made me to be. This is my prayer and hope for you as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog