How Does God Feel About You?
How do you think God feels about you? When God looks at you, what thoughts run through His mind? This was the question that hit me first thing this morning in prayer. "How do you think I feel about you?" He asked. For me, at least, not an easy question to answer.

I think we can try to answer this question from two perspectives: performance or position. Is the way God feels about me based on my performance - what I do, what I've done, my accomplishments, my behavior; or is the way He feels about me based on who I am? It's an important distinction; it's a difference that can't be overlooked when trying to answer this question.

We can try to better answer this question by asking another question; is my value to God based on what I've done or my good acts, or is my value simply in the fact that I'm part of His creation? Does God like me for who I am; my quirks, talents, failures, and beauty included? Scripture makes this answer pretty clear:

"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

God doesn't send His Son to die for worthless junk. No, we have value to Him. Great value. 

So how does God feel about me? The same way I feel about one of my children. I'd give up my life for them if I had to. I'd welcome them home from their waywardness with open arms. There's no price too high to pay to see one of my children safe, strong, and healthy. Why? Because there is nothing more valuable to me than one of my children.

God feels the same way about you.


Before Jesus left this earth, he said these words to His followers,

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

It's simple. How does He feel about us? Where He is, He wants us to be. He likes being with us. He's passionate about being with us. In fact, He wants to spend forever with us, that's how He feels about us.

David penned these words in the Psalms,

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. ...

Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."

Wonderful. That's how God feels about you. Marvelous. Those are the words He uses to describe you. He formed you, every part of you; your unique personality, your individualism, your ability. It all came from Him and His intent for you with all of your uniqueness is for good. His desire for you is for good. Look at this:

"he hath made us accepted in the beloved."

Accepted; the greatest sign of how someone feels about you.

Here are a few words (insufficient for sure) I can think of to describe how God feels when He thinks about us: excited, pleased, satisfied, in awe, joy-filled, warm, big-hearted. There are more, many more, and I think getting to know how God looks at us is a journey that will take a life-time of pondering.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog