Confidence

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. - Hebrews

The Lord gave me a word today and I thought I'd share it with you. Perhaps it will encourage you -

 You can't worry about what could be.

I have spoken my words over your life to give you assurance, not to detract from your confidence. So, since you are walking in my ways, since you are seeking my face, since you trust in my Son (and don't doubt that) you have a right to all the confidence you want. 

Don't doubt that. Remember my name? I am faithful and true; the faithful and true One. That is my name and that is who I am. I am Jesus and you can trust in me.
There are many things that would try to rob us of our confidence. Our own failures, our own fears that we will fail. But it is important to remember: it is He who is at work in us, not we in ourselves. The greatest changes come in our lives when we stop focusing on the dichotomy of our own abilities and failures and begin trusting in His goodness, grace, and faithfulness.

Hasn't He said that He will never leave or forsake us? I like the word used in the HCV (Haitian Creole Version) - lage. To release. He will never release you. He's not letting go. He's committed to this project called YOU. So you need never fear. Keep your confidence not in you or your ability. There's no reason to put it there. No, instead, put your confidence in the One with whom all things are possible.


Photos taken from the beautiful country of Haiti. The next time you are praying, please remember to pray for Haiti - that God would give attention to the needy and hope to the poor (psalm 9:18)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog